Writing an Online Profile-How to Date Online
When you decide to join an online dating site, one of the first things you will be asked to do as a member is to describe your profile for meetings. Here's a guide to help you in writing your online profile to attract the people you meet.
1. How to date online- Be honest: You have nothing to gain by inflating your profile with false information. Remember that you registered on the site with the hope of meeting someone. If you are 35, don't say that you're 25. You will be tempted to pose as someone you're not. Don't do this, as it'll just backfire.
2. How to date online- Be clear in what you want: This is your chance to find the person you are looking for, so do not miss it, even if you think your needs will reduce your results. It is important to take this into account when writing your profile. Describe exactly the person you are looking for and do not try to cut corners; be frank. If you want a genius, write it down, and don't make people guess all the time.
3. How to date online- Show your personality: This can be done through small stories or anecdotes of your daily life that give others the chance to see who you are. Otherwise you can also answer questions that you have on your profile, and it will help others understand you a little better. If you enjoy reading, for example, put it on your profile and you can even put a list of your favorite books. The same goes for movies, music or TV shows.
4. How to date online- Be friendly: There is no reason to be shy, so do not fear. You have everything to gain by being friendly. Of course, understand what you need to keep confidential, but if you don't open up, it's unlikely that the other person is going to. This is especially true for a man- if you don't take the initiative to open up, why should the girl do it?
5. How to date online- Be interesting: Put down hobbies or interests you have for others to see. Chances are good enough for you to find some people who share them.
6. How to date online- Choose a nice picture : When you are looking for better ways to write your profile, whatever you do, you need to choose a recent photo, not a photo 10 years old. Again, the site is only a step to a real encounter, thus the person you are speaking need to know what you look really look like.
7. How to date online- Re-read your entire profile for errors: Reread everything you wrote. There is nothing worse than to say that you are a journalist or a French teacher, and yet your profile is full of spelling mistakes. Correct any errors if you spot them. This is one of the most vital aspects in writing a profile.
Learn how to date online, now, and give us your opinions on this blog post.
- Article Word Count: 505
- Total Views: 7